Growing Ornamental Flowers And Plants Like Geranium At Home Now Made Easy
Having that cozy and warm interior at your home is one of the best feelings. That warmth, that comfort, it touches the whole new level of senses in one’s body. Decorating home is an art and many are not blessed with that skill and art, which is why the profession of interior designers is flourishing. Decorating one’s home is not that big of a task if done in the most basic manner and the person decorating it is using the methods which are readily available and has been used for ages. Using plants for decorative purposes has been used since times immemorial and the effect of these plants is amazing.
The outcomes of these plants are very breezy and natural products look amazing. They are pleasing to human senses in every manner, they are very low maintenance and the cost involved in decorating home with such pieces is also very minimal. There are many of you out there who must be thinking, what if one of you wants to grow these ornamental plants in your home with less effort. Many of you enjoy gardening and this is one of the miniature forms of enjoying gardening.
People can grow these miniature plants at home with the least amount of effort without seeking any help from specialists. One of the most asked questions in the area of growing ornamental plants is can we grow geranium at home? Easy, all you need is to pay attention to a few steps and you are good to go.
Few easy steps to grow geranium at home
Geranium is one of the most readily available ornamental plants which can be purchased from any nursery around the corner. The answer to the question can we grow geranium at home? Is easy, it is possible by just following a few simple steps
• One has to choose the best possible breed of geranium available. They need to find and check what the requirement of the house is and what kind of plant and pot one wants. This is one of the most important and basic questions that one has to ask himself or herself before choosing to grow geranium at home.
• The second most important thing is to choose is the best possible pot for this purpose. Choosing pot is important as before planting any plant, it is the pot that decides what is going to be the size or the length of the plant. The length breadth is also important before planting any plant as they decide the aesthetics of the room or home.
• The third step to plant the best possible of geranium is finding the right soil for the purpose. This is because geranium requires a specific type of soil to grow and if not provided that then they might not grow that well. Remember to use well-drained soil for this purpose as they are the only type that supports the good growth of geranium.
• The fourth step is to see that after planting that geranium plant at home, one needs to check its roots, and how these roots have spread, how they have bound with the soil of the pot, how the soil is working with the plant. These are some of the important things that one needs to consider before planting a geranium plant.
• This is not the fifth step per se but when we see that the plant is bound by its root to a great extent, it is the time and signal that the pot needs to be changed. They require bigger and better pots as they will spread further to a great extent.
• The fifth step to maintain that good geranium plant to keep that pot in a window that has proper access to the sunlight. Sunlight plays a very important role in the blossoming of a geranium plant. When one keeps their geranium plant in a south or west-facing direction, the plant is supposed to blossom at a very good rate but when we keep the same plant in the north or east direction, geranium wouldn’t blossom but it will survive.
• The sixth and the most important step in planting a geranium is to water that plant very well. Watering is essential as plants take all the required nutrients from soil and water. One should make sure that they are not overwatering the plant or they are not leaving the plant dry. One needs to water germanium when the crust of the soil is dry and the soil starts to stick towards the walls of the pot. Making soil wet is enough for this purpose.
• The seventh step in planting a good geranium is pruning. This requires taking or cutting off the dead leaves or stalk of the flower as the case may be. The fragrant flowers might lure you not to cut these but the cutting of dead leaves is important as it stunts the growth of the plant. The easiest way to remove dead leave is by plucking the leaves and the ones which easily come off are the ones that need to be removed, rest are okay for the time being. Changing color is also an indication in the case of keeping a healthy plant.
• The eighth and the last step is to take the finished fully grown geranium and keep that in a window with a little shade. This way the plant would survive and stay for a longer period of time. The steps to planting a proper geranium are now over, one can enjoy their plant as it grew and taken care of by their own self.
Why decoration with plants is required?
Decoration by using natural plants is the best as they give that natural environment and using flower products, which are hard to find these days is the only way to get that breezy atmosphere. They even purify the air that one lives in and keeps the air refreshing. Hence the question asked by many can we grow geranium at home has been answered in the best of the capacities.